- -30.0%30%(Aug 27, 2022 → Sep 01, 2022)
Sheldon Barn at High Park, Dog Friendly, Shared Indoor Pool
House in Devon, United Kingdom
- 4 People
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Accommodates: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Property Type: House
- Check-in: 16:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Air Conditioning
Antique Art Deco Atypical Baby bath
- Baby crib
Babysitter recommendation Baroque
- Books Kids
- Central Heating
Cleaning and disinfection
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
Contactless check-in and check-out Contemporary
Dvd Player Ecological Empire Energy-efficient devices
Fire extinguisher Fireplace
- Full Equipped Kitchen
- Games For All Ages
- Kids' Games
Gated property Gloves available Golf
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
Historical Hi-tech Hoover
- Kids Friendly
Laptop Friendly Workspace
- Bed Linens/Towels
Minimalist No single-use plastic No single-use toiletries Organic food & beverages
- Parking Included
- Pets Considered
- Pool Shared
- Private Car Park
Private entrance Professionally cleaned Romantic Sea View
- Self Check-in
- Smoke detector
- Smoking Forbidden
Social distancing Staff wear protective equipment
- Suitable for children (2+ years old)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Washing Machine
- Show more
Stunning barn conversion situated in the heart of the North Devon coastline, sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, with shared indoor swimming pool and hot tub
This detached barn conversion, situated in the heart of North Devon, sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms; a super king double bed and pyramid bunk. The barn features underfloor heating supplied from the environmentally friendly wood pellet biomass heating, spacious bathroom, and open plan lounge / dinner / kitchen.
This south facing barn looks out over the ornamental garden from its private terrace, and is adjacent to the large 1,500m² walled garden.
The barns at High Park were built in the early 1900's, shortly after the main house was built in the mid 1840’s.
It offers easy access to beaches, moors, coastal path walks, cycle paths, golf courses, horticultural gardens, children friendly fun parks, and many other traditional outdoor and indoor recreational activities for those seeking a truly relaxing, yet active, break away from the stresses of day-to-day life.
The house is situated with 14 acres of private land with secure access via electric gates. Within the grounds is an accessible large natural lake featuring stunning vegetation, over 200 fish and a boat house.
The barn is dog friendly, and you are welcome to bring them at £25 for the first dog and £15 per dog for each additional dog.
- High Park BarnsComfortable and convenient for many local attractions.2022-07-31By Clive H.
- Sheldon BarnThe weather for the Feb half term was appalling, the pool was the saving grace. Our children had such a good time and have gained such confidence in the water. The property is exceptional and the owners were friendly and helpful, we will definitely come again.2022-02-27By Anna W.
- Sheldon BarnWe stayed at Sheldon barn for 1 week. We enjoyed our stay and wish we didn't have to leave.2022-02-13By Lee L.
- Sheldon barnThe barn and surroundings were amazing cannot fault anything. We had the best time.2022-01-11By Cherine H.
- Mrs DuffyThank you our stay was excellent2021-12-23By Linda D.
- Easy living home from home (without the pool)A nice spot to explore N Devon from. Great facilities from a thoughtful host. Allocated times for the pool were greatly appreciated.2021-12-06By william w.
- Super comfortable friendly relaxing stayWe so enjoyed our time away at Sheldon Barn. Anne-Louise and Paul are fantastic, experienced hosts who have put a lot of thinking into how to set up the barn, pool and grounds to make for a really easy stay. We loved it and so did our dog!2021-11-21By Helen B.
- Autumn break at Sheldon BarnOur stay here was absolutely excellent. The cottage was exceptionally clean and well equipped, underfloor heating which was on all the time kept us nice and snug. The pool with the coloured lighting and hot tub were like having our own private spa. We travelled around to some of the most beautiful scenery, not driving more than 20 miles. We ate in fantastic restaurants. Will definately be back.2021-11-06By Linda W.
- Great place to stayExcellent time here lovely barn swimming pool and hot tub were brilliant lovely peaceful setting2021-10-17By Tina L.
- KathBrilliant!2021-10-04By Kath S.
- Mrs CheshireHaving stayed in quite a few holiday cottages, with our dog's, High Park beats the lot. The accommodation excellent, touches slippers, goodies, the pool access arrangement so good for family privacy, quality bedding, dog freedom and such space for them, handy to so many lovely beaches. Definitely return. Thank you so very much, to you all at High Park Barn. Mrs Pauline Cheshire.2021-09-19By Robert C.
- Mrs SGreat location and perfect facilities for an ideal break away. Family and dog friendly and well hosted. Cream tea awaiting our arrival. What more could you ask for!?2021-06-30By Anita S.
- Our Best accommodation & stay in Devon ever !Dear Ann-Louise & family , We would just like to express our most sincere gratitude for the lovely stay of 5 nights in Sheldon Barn.The extra touches of welcome items were so appreciated, scones & local milk especially! All our needs including the dog were so thoughtfully catered for , nothing but praise and can’t wait to come back with other family members when possible . Well done to a most fabulously run accommodation & facilities :) Cannot recommend highly enough , fantastic in all respects. Location, accommodation , cleanliness, extra homely touches, fab swimming pool & hot tub , BBQ, drying room the list is endless ! The Farey Family . Xx2021-06-22By Sharon F.
- Sheldon BarnNice location comfortable and a quick drive to the beach and shops ! Swimming pool was great and a nice introduction to swimming for my 2 year old. My iPhone enjoyed it less in my back pocket but at least now I finally have an excuse to upgrade it :) I would recommend High Park Barns for a stay in Devon. Thanks Brett.2021-06-17By Brett S.
- Sheldon BarnFantastic stay would highly recommend!!2021-05-31By Gareth M.
- Super dog friendly with some lovely welcoming touchesExtremely welcoming and well set up for dogs. The swimming pool is fabulous. Well designed, clean and high spec finish. Very nice to meet the owners and the treats on arrival were much appreciated2021-05-01By Justin S.
- Lovely SpotThis set up was a wonderful experience and we could have easily spent many more days enjoying the pool and outside space.2021-04-27By Kerry H.
- Really Lovely Family BreakReally enjoyed our pre Christmas stay in Sheldon Barn. Cosy and well equipped with nice welcome touches like scones, fresh milk and the Christmas tree. Having the pool available was great with our son and we actually really enjoyed having it to ourselves each time because of Covid. Lovely surroundings and a great base for exploring North Devon. Have already recommended to several friends with children for next summer.2020-12-16By Charlotte R.
- Nice stay at High Park BarnsThe In-Laws loved their break at High Park Barns, they liked sitting in the walled garden, impressed with the location and local facilities, thank you2020-09-19By MARK H.
- Fantastic stay at Sheldon barnWe had a lovely week staying at the barn. Accommodation is amazing, really clean and well presented. The swimming pool was the highlight. They have managed well with the Covid restrictions by managing time slots in the pool. The only thing stopping us giving it an excellent was the amount of flies both inside the house as well as outside in the seating area, which stopped us having the doors open or sitting outside when we got a break in the weather. Many thanks for a lovely stay.2020-08-30By Janene W.
- Excellent location for a getaway and highly recommendedThe accommodation was really lovely and in a great location with plenty of shops ,pubs etc nearby. A quick drive gets you into a several local towns, the largest being Bideford itself. The grounds of the house are really nice and I imagine a treat in summer months. The barn is clean, comfortable , well fitted with a large bathroom with twin sinks and walk in shower. Underfloor heating throughout if needed. The cream tea left for our arrival was very nice indeed !. The swimming pool / hot tub is great - all undercover , clean , warm and plenty big enough.2020-03-18By Russell D.
- Perfect for a relaxing breakWe stayed for 4 nights at Sheldon Barn, desperately needing a break away from it all. We certainly had that. The barn has everything you need, and more. The little touches, fresh milk, scones with cream and jam, even the little slippers that were there when we arrived, all made it even more special. Our Hosts, when we met were very welcoming showing us around the pool house and explaining everything in great detail. Although we were out every day and didn't get to use either the pool or the hot tub, it did look lovely, next time we will use them. I would thoroughly reccomend a stay here, it's perfectly based for days out, or nice and relaxing if you choose to stay in. We will definitely be returning at some point.2020-03-02By Anne O.
- Will definitely be heading back hereLovely people, fantastic place to stay with nice little personal touches and great surrounding amenities2019-12-10By LAURA B.
- Fantastic accommodation and brilliant as a base for exploring the South West Coastal PathThe accommodation matched our exact requireents, it was convenient close to the A39 for exploring up and down tthe coastline. The level of comfort and services were excellent, especially the access to the swimming pool and hot tub. From the very start of arriving at the accommodation and being met by the host, all the way through the stay and then the leaving was of a high-level. The helpful tips as to the best restaurants and sights to see and visit were immensely valuable. Overall we have experienced a few Airbnb's in the Devon area and rate this acommodation one of the best.2019-11-13By Christopher B.
- Hazel, Dorreen and TomThis is a wonderful place to stay, with all mod cons, beautifully clean, lovely and warm and excellent grounds to walk the dog. Our hosts were welcoming and thoughtful and we would recommend this superb place to everyone. We hope to return.2019-11-09By Hazel R.
- BrilliantBrilliant stay and lovely accommodation. Location brilliant for lots of activities and a well thought out holiday home!2019-10-26By Katy L.
- Sheldon barnWe have been 3 times now ,and stayed in different barns, all clean well equipped and Anne Louise and Paul always there if need to ask anything x lots of places to visit nearby , beautiful sands at westward ho for doggies x also pool and Jacuzzi to use on site xx highly recommend2019-10-20By Kath H.
- Very enjoyable breakFantastic location & facilities. Sheldon Barn was absolutely perfect for our short break with our 2 spaniels. Anne-Louise & Paul made us feel very welcome and we have now booked to re visit in September. Highly recommend.2019-07-06By MARK H.
- Great location, great facilitiesHigh Park is set in a picturesque location perfect for exploring the area. The cottage was clean, the hosts welcoming and the facilities excellent (the 24 hour pool and hot tub is a real bonus). All in all would totally recommend to anybody looking for self-catering accommodation in the area.2019-07-02By Jonathan K.
- Relaxing long weekendWe thoroughly enjoyed our time staying in Sheldon Barn, it was perfect for our toddler with the pool so close by (both times we used it we were the only one’s in there!) and the outside space is brilliant for the dog, great enclosed field to let him off and have a good sniff as well as two large gardens to walk around. The whole place has a very relaxing feel about it & we certainly relaxed taking in the pretty scenery. Thank you to our friendly hosts for being so welcoming and informative! 👍2019-05-20By Jamie C.
- High Park exceeded expectationsSheldon Barn and the onsite grounds and facilities at High Park exceeded expectations. It was a lovely cosey home from home. The cream tea and fresh milk on arrival were a wonderful welcoming touch! The grounds and pool areas were beautiful. We enjoyed our cream tea and fresh milk on arrival in the courtyard garden outside our barn, explored the garden and lake and made full use of the lovely pool and hot tub! My daughter loved the pool so much I think we used it 6 times over our 4 night stay and she made a massive improvement by swimming with no arm bands for the first time! Hope to visit again!2019-05-10By Kate R.