Montgomery Barn at High Park, Dog Friendly, Shared Indoor Pool
House in Devon, United Kingdom
- 4 People
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Accommodates: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property Type: House
- Check-in: 16:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Accessible car park
- Air Conditioning
Antique Art Deco Atypical Baby bath
- Baby crib
Babysitter recommendation Baroque
Books Books Kids
- Central Heating
Cleaning and disinfection
- Cleaning products
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
Contactless check-in and check-out Contemporary
Dvd Player Ecological Empire
- Energy-efficient devices
- Fire extinguisher
- Full Equipped Kitchen
Games For All Ages Kids' Games
Gated property Gloves available
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
Historical Hi-tech Hoover
- Hot water
- Kids Friendly
Laptop Friendly Workspace
- Bed Linens/Towels
- Mountain biking
- Near ocean
- No single-use plastic
- No single-use toiletries
Organic food & beverages
- Parking Included
- Pets Considered
- Pool cover
- Indoor pool
- Infinity pool
- Shallow end pool
- Pool Shared
- Private Car Park
- Private entrance
- Paperless / recycled paper
- Renewable energy system
- Rock climbing
- Self Check-in
- Smoke detector
- Smoking Forbidden
Social distancing Staff wear protective equipment
- Stair gates
- Suitable for children (2+ years old)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Information about property sustainability
- Travel cot
- Washing Machine
- Waste Sorting
- Water sports
- Wine glasses
- Show more
Spacious two bedroom self-catered accommodation barn in North Devon with extensive countryside views and shared indoor swimming pool & hot tub
This spacious 2 bedroom 2 story Barn has recently been converted transforming it into an ideal luxurious relaxing getaway. The Barns at High Park were originally built in the late 1800's and are situated in the heart of the North Devon coastline. It offers easy access to beaches, moors, coastal path walks, cycle paths, golf courses, horticultural gardens, children friendly fun parks, and many other traditional outdoor and indoor recreational activities for those seeking a truly relaxing, yet active, break away from the stresses of day-to-day life.
This Barn is situated with 14 acres of private land with secure access via electric gates. Within the grounds is an accessible large natural lake featuring stunning vegetation, over 200 fish and a boat house.
This barn features a solid oak, super king bed in the master bedroom, all new solid oak furniture & staircase, leather sofas, recessed LED lighting and underfloor heating.
The barn is dog friendly, and you are welcome to bring them at £25 for the first dog and £15 per dog for each additional dog.
- Simon PocknellWe had a great holiday, pool was fab and well organised time table. The lady made amazing scones and we had fresh milk on arrival which was very kind. It was well equipped for self catering. On arrival, the BBQ was dirty and the gas was empty and to be fair I’m sure we could have asked for more gas but we made other plans. Flys were a massive issue and not sure how you would overcome that to be honest? Downstairs was incredibly hot and difficult to open the window with the flys wanting to come in! Would benefit from air con downstairs as well. Overall a great location and we had a great time- thannkyou!2022-08-07By Simon P.
- Paul linda lesley kizzyAs before had a fantastic stay everything you could want and more excellent finish throughout Air Con was amazing in the bedroom lovely oak super king bed Our dog Kizzy loved the walks and being let out on the large lawned area Swimming pool and sauna very enjoyable Thanks Anne Louise and Paul for a fantastic break we will be back 😀 👍 Paul Linda kizzy lesley2022-07-10By paul t.
- Family StaycationWe stayed at high park for a family get together and it was brilliant the houses was just what we needed with loads of space around and the pool was lovely2022-06-23By Ailis M.
- Mrs Jean MelvinMany thanks for a very enjoyable stay. Extremely comfortable, first class accommodation.2022-06-05By Jean M.
- FantasticMyself, along with my husband and my dad had a fantastic stay. Could not fault the whole experience at all… Will definitely book again2022-03-30By lisa h.
- Excellent stay as alwaysThank you Anne-Louise, My stay at the barn was fantastic as always. Everything clean and tidy and comfortable during our stay. Love the new pathways to the barns, makes life much easier. The scones are always such a treat :)2022-03-22By Alison W.
- Such a lovely stay!My family and I stayed during the Feb half term. The weather wasn't kind to us - it rained pretty much non-stop but the barn was so lovely and cosy that we didn't mind at all. It was great having the pool to ourselves, the kids enjoyed swimming every day and I loved the hot tub! The barn was very well equipped with all the utensils and pots and pans to cook a feast (we cooked most evenings) and even little things like detergent for the washing machine, cling film and kitchen foil were included. The beds were super comfy and the master bedroom had a huge super king. Due to the rain, we didn't explore the grounds much but the kids enjoyed the freedom to play outside in front of the barn safely on their own whilst we watched from inside:) The location was great, it felt remote but we were only a 5mins drive to shops and the supermarket and about 10mins to the beach so it was the best of both worlds. We have stayed in very similar properties dotted across Devon and Cornwall and never return to the same place twice - but we would make an exception for Montgomery Barn! It's very likely that we will return (and hope for better weather!)2022-02-21By Nikki H.
- Back again and absolutely loved itA truly magical place we could not resist coming back. Thank you so much for such a super stay! Emily x2022-02-01By Emily M.
- Great facilitiesA well appointed cottage2022-01-19By Maggie T.
- MontgomeryFabulous stay everything was perfect. There is not one thing to fault.2022-01-11By Cherine H.
- Fantastic New Years Eve BreakAbsolutely brilliant. Our second time celebrating New Year at the barn. Clean spacious quiet with perfect views. Will definitely be returning. Thank you.2022-01-02By helen h.
- The Perfect GetawayWhenever I stay at any of the barns they are always prepared perfectly and it's great knowing I don't have to worry about that on arrival. The views are so calming and beautiful and everything I need is a short drive away. I have always enjoyed each stay at High Barns, and will definitely return for another visit.2021-12-03By Alison W.
- Montgomery BarnVery well appointed and comfortable accommodation,, in a lovely setting. Really enjoyed having the pool there. Will be back next year.2021-11-06By John D.
- wonderful weekend get awayWe had such a lovely stay everything was perfect. All so clean and the pool and hot tub was so lovely. I shall be booking up again thats for sure!!2021-10-12By Katie T.
- Lovely place to stayReally enjoyed our stay. Great accommodation, and lots to do nearby. Would go again.2021-09-05By Tom H.
- Mrs FHad a brilliant return stay at Montgomery Barn. As always a warm welcome. We will definitely be returning.2021-08-08By Lisa F.
- North Devon holidaying at its bestWe had a lovely holiday, first time away with two grandchildren aged 3 and 5.. The Barn was very spacious and comfortable. Our bed was enormous and the children’s beds must have been very comfortable as they slept like logs. The barn was very well set up, we didn’t want for anything. The view across fields was so peaceful and the absence of cars made it ideal for the children to play out on the lawn without worrying. Access to the lovely pool was exceptionally well monitored. The area has plenty to entertain children even if the weather prevents you from going to any of several beautiful beaches. We will definitely be back.2021-08-01By Lynn W.
- Excellent venueStunning countryside and views from Montgomery Barn which added to the lovely well equipped accommodation. We would recommend this to everybody especially those with dogs. Thank you Anne-Louise and Paul. We will be back..2021-06-22By John B.
- Great StayWe had a great stay in Montgomery Barn, our 3 year old Grandson virtually learnt to swim in the week we were there.2021-05-30By Andrew B.
- Relaxing BreakThis is my second visit to High Park Barns, this time we stayed in Montgomery Barn as there were 4 of us. The weather couldn’t have been much wetter or colder for the time of year but it didn’t dampen our enjoyment. The heated indoor pool, hot tub and facilities were great. I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this place, it is fabulous.2021-05-24By Linda H.
- Peace and quietHad a wonderful stay at Montgomery Barn. The accommodation was immaculate and very well equipped. Could not fault it. Anne-Louise made us some home made scones and there was jam clotted cream and the best milk I have ever tasted already there and the scones were fantastic and a lovely welcome. I am an early riser and watching the sunrise to the birds dawn chorus was amazing. Even had a few pheasants wondering around the patio. We took our dog so if you are taking yours and they go in the sofa remember to take a blanket to put on the sofa as they are leather. Thank you so much for a wonderful break.2021-04-27By Debby D.
- Fabulous holiday barnMontgomery Barn was welcoming, warm and comfortable. Everything that could possibly be needed for our stay in Devon was provided and the quality of the mattresses and bedding ensured we all slept deeply every night. The pool was an added bonus that the whole family enjoyed every day, finishing with a session in the huge hot tub. The gardens and fields surrounding the barns were beautiful and we enjoyed being able to sit outside in the peaceful surroundings. Our hosts were extremely accommodating and friendly making our stay feel stress free throughout. Definitely a place to return to again and again!2021-04-10By Jane C.
- Work tripAlthough we were staying while working in the area, I can recommend this place, the facilities are 1st class, warm, comfortable great views and with friendly hosts,2021-03-07By Brian R.
- Melanie pineExcellent accommodation clean and had everything we needed. Hosts were very friendly, really enjoyed our stay would defiantly recommend it to others. Many thanks!!!!2020-12-30By Melanie P.
- Fantastic family getawayWe had such a wonderful time, the beds are so comfy and the barn is kitted out with everything we needed. We used the pool and hot tub every day. My husband and I came here for our honeymoon and it was lovely to come back again with our 6 month old daughter, (and Nanny!) We will definitely be back again with our expanding family!2020-11-14By Rachel H.
- Really wonderful stayWe booked a week away in Montgomery barn at high park barns. From the start of the process the hosts were very communicative helpful and accommodating. Anne Louise offered to change our dates to allow us to leave early for a wedding. Excellent facilities - the pool and hot tub were phenomenal and the rota allowed for a good amount of time there. Excellent covid care - clean and clearly well planned to minimise any risk of transmission. I would thoroughly recommend a stay here. I hope we can book again soon.2020-10-18By Sarah M.
- Andrea Venzi and Tracey RentonAnother wonderful stay in the most perfect setting. Anne Louise and Paul are the best hosts...always there if needed. Always welcoming and friendly. It’s a joy to stay at High Park Barns. It’s like a second home. Thank you so much.2020-09-30By Andrea V.
- Always ExcellentOur 4th visit to High Park Barns, lovely location, great accommodation and facilities, will be booking up for a couple of visits in 2021, thank you Anne-Louise2020-09-19By MARK H.
- Hall FamilyA fantastic place to stay.The barn had every thing we needed with amazing views. Pool and hot tub super. We will definitely be back x2020-09-06By Carol H.
- Another Excellent Stay at High BarnsWe stayed in the Montgomery Barn for a week stay in August. Similar to our experience last year the barns are clean, well kitted out with everything you could need for a family holiday. They have now added a Weber BBQ to each barn which is great for summer evening BBQing. The spotlessly clean and good size pool worked on a very fair rotating timetable so each property were able to have private swims and not worry about social distancing. This did not end up being restrictive as there are also open sessions during the day and the kids were able to spend at least 2 hours in the pool every day. High Barns are in a good location near Westward Ho beach great for surfing and swimming with a long stretch of sand so even on a busy day it does not feel crowded (you just need to check the timing of the tides). There are lots of great beaches around North Devon and also Cornwall which is only 35 minutes drive away. The town of Appledore is nice for a walk and ice cream or place to eat out. We did coasteering off Baggy Point near Croyde Bay which was good fun but there are so many things to choose to do in this area whether it is walking, activities or just relaxing. We also enjoyed the spacious grounds in High Barns, plenty of open lawn for the kids to play cricket and football and let off some steam. We would definitely go back again for another visit.2020-08-17By Jenny M.
- Lovely property in a gorgeous locationGreat location for a holiday in Devon. Property was clean and spacious. We really enjoyed the use of the pool. Owners have thought carefully about ensuring safety during Covid. In the surrounding area, self service milk and eggs from local farm and also shopping centre very close. Best beach is Westward Ho! or Croyde. Tarkka cycling trail close although area is hilly other than on this trail. Enjoyed Johns in Appledore and also fish and chips opposite a pub (Royal) that they deliver to or you can take pub drinks into fish and chip restaurant. Instow Arms has good pub food and views. Also recommend Follyfoot riding school for beach rides at Westward Ho! A great stay in a well equipped property - we will return.2020-08-03By Bridget B.
- 3 Day short stay in Montgomery.Beautiful surroundings excellent facilities. The converted barns although lovely and well equipped were challenging If your tall because of the sloping ceilings, particularly in the bathroom & bedroom. Bedroom 2 in Montgomery could do with a mirror and a hanging rail for clothes it’s very basic. Loved the Air conditioning and the bed was amazing it’s the best bed I’ve slept on when we have been away. 😀.2020-07-15By Wendy J.
- Miss BrindleyWe recently stayed at Montgomery Barn and had such a wonderful stay. The hosts were extremely helpful when we requested some extra things for the barn like a stair-gate for our daughter. Even though all the barns seemed to have people staying in them, the area was so peaceful and quiet which was perfect for us. We never saw anybody else in the swimming pool and had it all to ourselves every time we used it and it was perfect temperature for our 2 year old daughter. The area itself was brilliant and the location of the barn was great to reach local shops, beaches and other activities. I phoned my partner the day we were due to leave and told him that we didn't want to come home as we would have loved to stay longer. Would highly recommend staying here and will definitely be back.2020-03-16By craig h.
- 3rd stay and still love this placeOur 3rd family visit to the barns and it never fails to deliver. High quality accommodation, great hosts, perfect location and the pool and tub are amazing on stormy / rainy days like we have in Feb! We will be back again no doubt! Thanks Anne-Louise2020-02-23By Cheryl A.
- Fantastic Christmas BreakThis is our 2nd stay at High Park Barns and once again it did not disappoint. A lovely warm and cosy cottage with everything we could need for a enjoyable stay. We loved going in the pool every day and had some nice trips out to the local beaches. We will certainly be returning again and would highly recommend to others.2019-12-28By Helen W.
- Great, welcoming accommodationWarm welcome on a wet winter's night. Lovely furnishings in a child friendly barn conversion. The kids particularly loved the pool and the way it lit up. Hot tub was nice and importantly the whole place was very warm. A great mini break in the middle of winter.2019-12-19By Cheryl H.
- Thank YouThank you for your help it was nice to come back to the Barn after work, we have had a lovely time once again , needless to say we will see you next year. Thank you for the Fire Works to celebrate our arrival Nice it coincided with Bidiford Lights being Turned on .Enjoy Christmas2019-12-08By GARY W.
- Excellent place to stayOnce again we were pleased to arrive for our week at Montgomery Barn and it is no fault of the place that once again we didn't get to enjoy our break.... last year our grandaughter was rushed to Barnstaple Hospital, this year our daughter went into premature labour with our second grandaughter... maybe next year? Anyway, the barn is fully equipped with good quality furnishings and everything else you could possibly need or want - good wifi, tv, spacious, warm, and even enough crockery to be able to poperly make use of the dishwasher - so many places have a dishwashe yet only 4 plates / cups / bowls etc, meaning you need to wash them before the dishwasher is full. Now that we are home I so miss that giant double bed! The pool is amazing, and whilst it may get crowded in the summer months we have rarely needed to share it with other guests; the fact that is available 24/7 is brilliant. The location is away from the city, yet very close to amenities ie major supermarkets Owner Anne-Louise is always available to sort answer questions or to help if necessary.2019-11-14By Nicky H.
- Montgomery Barn stay 29 sep- 5 oct3rd time staying with no problems what so ever, always welcoming and the hosts were brilliant, clean stay and couldn’t fault the place, everything near by and would stay again and recommend to others2019-10-06By Joe T.
- weekend stay at Montgomery BarnWe stayed at Montgomery Barn for 3 nights for my niece's wedding. It was great to be in such a lovely setting in such a well equipped holiday home. The pool was an extra bonus and we made full use of it. We had a fabulous weekend. Many thanks for the lovely welcome and cream tea!2019-09-17By Caroline S.
- Beautiful locationCouldn’t get a better view than from Montgomery barn! Lovely welcome, including a delicious cream tea. Very nicely furnished and the pool facilities were fantastic.2019-09-14By Kate F.
- Little gem in North DevonSecond time visit to High Park Barns and as before, it's a brilliant place to stay and very dog friendly. The location and facilities are excellent with the barns finished to a nice comfortable standard and central for the excellent beaches and shopping nearby. The use of the swimming pool and hot tub is a real bonus. The owners Anne-Louise and Paul are very friendly and make you feel very welcome with nothing ever being too much trouble. The cream tea delivered by Anne-Louise on arrival is an added bonus after a long drive from Surrey. Already booked up for 2020!2019-09-09By MARK H.
- Second visitFabulous accommodation lovely place to stay great location and base for doing things little baby loved the pool dog friendly was a fantastic second visit and first as a family holiday we will be back again !2019-06-25By Jodie J.
- Beautiful week in the countrysideBeautiful venue, furnished in a lovely way. The milk, coffee, tea and washing tablets which doesn’t sound much but is just a kind gesture. And don’t forget the beautiful scones jam and cream. We loved our stay and will highly recommend2019-06-02By Kate C.
- Great placeAnother great stay at High Park Barns2019-05-26By Helen W.
- An Excellent place to stayWe stayed here for a week with our baby and had a fantastic time. The barn was so comfortable and done to such a high standard. The facilities were also excellent. We loved swimming in the pool everyday, using the BBQ etc. The barn is very well located with so much to do in the area for both children and adults. Easy to find. The hosts were very helpful. Although there are several barns connected, you don't feel like you are sharing at all as the walls are so thick and you wake up to a perfect view of the countryside. We would recommend staying here and would love to come back. Thanks for a great stay.2019-05-21By Richard B.
- Lovely stayWe had a great stay at Montgomery Barn. The standard of accommodation is very high and it is in a beautiful setting. We had a lovely time hanging out at the pool and exploring the local area.2019-05-08By Jonathan G.