The Coach House at High Park, Dog Friendly, Shared Indoor Pool
House in Devon, United Kingdom
- 2 People
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Accommodates: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Property Type: House
- Check-in: 16:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Air Conditioning
Antique Art Deco Atypical Baby bath
- Baby crib
Babysitter recommendation Baroque
Blender Books Books Kids
- Central Heating
Cleaning and disinfection
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
Contactless check-in and check-out Contemporary
Dvd Player Ecological Empire Energy-efficient devices
- Fire extinguisher
- Full Equipped Kitchen
Games For All Ages Kids' Games Garden Gated property Gloves available Golf
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
Historical Hi-tech Hoover
- Kids Friendly
Laptop Friendly Workspace
- Bed Linens/Towels
Minimalist No single-use plastic No single-use toiletries Organic food & beverages
- Parking Included
- Pets Considered
- Pool Shared
- Private Car Park
Private entrance Professionally cleaned Romantic Sea View
- Self Check-in
- Smoke detector
- Smoking Forbidden
Social distancing Staff wear protective equipment
- Suitable for children (2+ years old)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Washing Machine
- Show more
Large self-catered fully equipped one bedroom barn conversion with courtyard suntrap terrace
This spacious 1 bedroom 1 story Barn has recently been converted transforming it into an ideal luxurious relaxing getaway for couples. The Barns at High Park were originally built in the late 1800's and are situated in the heart of the North Devon coastline. It offers easy access to beaches, moors, coastal path walks, cycle paths, golf courses, horticultural gardens, children friendly fun parks, and many other traditional outdoor and indoor recreational activities for those seeking a truly relaxing, yet active, break away from the stresses of day-to-day life.
This Barn is situated within 14 acres of private land with secure access via electric gates. Within the grounds is an accessible large natural lake featuring stunning vegetation, over 200 fish and a boat house.
Converted in 2016, this barn features a solid oak super king bed in the master bedroom, all new solid oak furniture, leather sofas, LED lighting and underfloor heating.
The barn is dog friendly, and you are welcome to bring them at £25 for the first dog and £15 per dog for each additional dog.
- Excellent stay at The Coach House.Spacious and very comfortable accommodation. There were lots of little touches such as a cream tea on arrival. The pool and hot tub was amazing. Highly recommended.2022-07-31By Stephanie H.
- Wonderful stayWe had our first family holiday at High Park Barns recently. It was perfect. The accommodation is great, the pool system is great, having air con was great. It ticked every box. We will look to return when back in Devon sometime in the future.2022-07-16By Sean B.
- Best Devon secretWords can not do the location, the property or the host justice! This is a diamond of Devon and we just wished we could of had a third week there! We booked another 2 weeks within days of staying at High park barns! To say we had a highlight would not be fair to all the other things we did or where we stayed! Such a great place for us and a dog who has been very sick this year and has gained his confidence again by being allowed to wonder round the grounds! The system for the pool use is perfect and we are both looking forward to our return next year! Can not thank Ann-Louise enough and she is a star as a host! It was a sad leaving but good to know we will return for longer next time!2022-06-12By Vincent M.
- Brilliant holiday locationWe had an amazing holiday. Accommodation was spacious and well equipped, clean and comfortable. Loved the pool and hot tub, and the 'reserved' slot for each cottage worked really well for us. Have already to looked to see when we can return. It ticked every box for us.2022-05-23By Pam J.
- Shirley BThe Coach House was just fabulous, just far enough out to feel private but easy to reach the shops just down the road. All amenities were perfect, big comfy bed with crisp sheets, everything was immaculate, cream tea, fresh milk and Nespresso machine were lovely touches, great to be able to top up your milk at the milk kiosk around the corner at the local farm where you can view the ladies who provide it. The swimming pool and hot tub system was great and worked very well, so nice to have that pool to yourselves, lush. Anne-Marie, the host, was attentive and helpful. A lovely find, would definitely book again in a heartbeat. Oh, and the dog loved it too.2022-05-10By Shirley B.
- The Coach HouseThe Coach House was modern, spacious, comfortable, clean and warm. We loved it and will be back2022-05-01By Dennis S.
- GeoffEnjoyed our stay in The Coach House which is well appointed and convenient for great beeches to walk the dogs.2022-03-21By Geoff D.
- Excellent stay 5 Stars all roundWe stayed in the Coah House and this is the most amazing place I've had the pleasure to stay in, the check in details were on point and s warm welcome fro. The host when we arrived. The facilities are spotless and plenty of room. Attention to detail was perfect from Scones with cream and jam, tea and coffee and the added luxury of a nespresso machine and a bottle of fresh milk from the dairy farm next door. Lovely good sized bath sheet towels and even complimentary slippers this place really does not miss anything and my husband and I felt fully recharged when we left. The host Anne-Louise was lovely giving us some brilliant tips on where to visit and we did and they were great too. The location of the Barns is perfect for visiting all round Devon & Cornwall. I cannot wait to re-visit 🤗2022-03-15By Jane G.
- Fantastic Romantic Trip AwayWe were absolutely blown away by our recent stay at the Coachhouse! From a warm, welcoming atmosphere, to a well supplied residence, filled with everything you'd need for a week away in the Devon countryside! Anne-Louise was terrific, and always happy to help out if we had any issues, which we had none of (and the welcome cream tea was delightful)! The bedroom was well kept, clean and cosy, and the kitchen/living area was just as much so. The bathroom too was spotless, and the towels and linen provided were lovely! The pool and hottub were to die for! We were originally sceptical of the 'free swim' times on the timesheet for the pool before we arrived, but soon realised that it was perfect, as if you missed your designated time slot, you could easily enjoy a private swim later on in the day/evening, including late at night. The underwater lights made the pool look phenomenal, and the hottub was delightful after spending a full day out in the local countryside. With a large ASDA superstore, and shopping outlet not 5 minutes round the corner, accompanied by a variety of restaurants and takeaways, it was more than easy to nip out and pick up some dinner bits, without feeling like you were still in the hubbub of back home. Plus the excellent kitchen amenities made home cooking a breeze!2022-02-21By George D.
- Hilborn at the Coach HouseThe Coach House was lovely with all the amenities you could desire, very clean and covid safe. The pool and hot tube was simply marvellous....2022-02-17By Maz H.
- StunningSuch a beautiful place. Inside and out. Pool and hot tub was so nice. We had a lovely weekend. Pictures do not do it justice. Will definitely be going back!2022-02-14By Kayleigh A.
- Wonderful facilities. Very welcoming hosts. Everything sparkling clean. Very dog friendly.Excellent place for a quite break. Exclusive use of pool and jacuzzi within daily time slots makes it really relaxing. Good base to explore area. Big supermarket half a mile away. Barn spacious and well equipped. All facilities aimed at maximising your comfort. Have already booked to come back.2022-02-04By Alison M.
- Warm, well equipped, spacious cottageAn ideal base to explore North Devon with pool and hot tub to relax in afterwards2022-01-04By Alison W.
- Perfect relaxing break awayCan’t fault it, the place is lovely and to a high standard. The pool is great and the schedule worked well.2021-12-18By Andrea T.
- Great quiet warm place to stayWonderful swimming pool, salt water chlorine mix was a lovely surprise, comfy bed, great kitchen and bathroom, nice area2021-12-12By Kiri H.
- Relaxing break in North DevonEnjoyed a lovely week at High park barns ( The Coach House) , property was immaculate with everything we needed to enjoy our stat , including the little extra's , such as fresh milk , dishwasher tablets and even homemade scones and clotted cream to welcome us . The location was excellent, felt very remote, however , short drive to local shops. The pool and hot tub on site was an added bonus and great to have allocated access to slots each day2021-11-21By Andrew M.
- coach house 2 - 5 novImpossible to find anything not to like. Faultless really. Fabulous high spec accommodation. The cottage contains all you'll ever need; high tech microwave, spacious* integrated fridge with freezer, washing machine, dishwasher etc. All furniture and decor is top quality and well thought out. Amazing indoor swimming pool open 24/7 with a clever rota system for use which assures ample opportunities to use it for all guests*. Great instructions and local guides within the property. A perfect set of directions on how to get there and access the keys*. * I've stayed at loads of similar places and to find any of these is unusual let alone all three at once!2021-11-06By mark r.
- Brilliant stayAmazing place to stay2021-11-04By Kerry W.
- Beautiful place to stayEverything was top notch l have one suggestion as a older person in my seventies in the pool would find it very useful to have a rail down the steps as your balance isn,t as good when you are older but not a criticism just think it would be useful to lots of people with balance issues. But coming again soon.2021-10-03By Jenny N.
- Kim BellEverything you need and more is there to welcome you for a great stay at High Barn. We stayed in the Coach House, which had everthing we needed for our stay with our 2 dogs Tommy & Lily. Loved having the pool and hot-tub to ourselves too. Set in beautiful countryside but only 5 minutes from shopping facilities too. It was also a lovely touch to be welcomed on our arrival with our own cream tea and fresh milk from the farm next door.2021-09-30By Kim F.
- Beautiful cottage, gorgeous locationWe have just arrived back after staying in The Coach House in High Park Barns for a week. Absolutely wonderful!! The cottage was clean, quaint and spacious. The scones with jam and cream that Anne-Louise left were delicious along with the fresh milk from the farm just down the road.. The fresh farm eggs we got from there were gorgeous too! Our dog Maisie adored it here. There were so many places to walk around the grounds. The pool and jacuzzi was just amazing! The timetable worked brilliantly! We used it every day! Anne-Louse gave us lots of tips on where to visit nearby which was so helpful! We will definitely return! Highly recommend staying here 🙂2021-09-18By Elaine M.
- A great week at the Coach HouseComfortable and spacious accommodation with excellent facilities and a gorgeous setting in the Devon countryside. The grounds are beautiful and well kept and the indoor swimming pool is a wonderful bonus. Convenient for visiting the seaside resort of Westward Ho! and the north Devon coast, including Clovelly, Hartland Quay, Sandy Mouth Bay, etc. We'd love to come again!2021-08-02By Clive H.
- The Coach HouseThis our 4th stay at High Park Barns, our 2nd at The Coach House, brilliant location, great facilities and looking forward to coming back.2021-07-27By MARK H.
- Very enjoyable stayEnjoyed our stay, lovely hosts. Just a couple of points, we stayed in the coach House, and a security light kept going off outside, lighting up the bedroom and disrupting our sleep, maybe shut out curtains may help. We also found the fridge that was possibly faulty, it seemed to freeze everything, even adjusting temperature didn't help. Sorry we should have pointed out that at the time. The washing machine has ruined a couple of blouses, looks as though they have oil spots on them, maybe a washing machine cleaning solution could help2021-07-16By Donata N.
- A little gemWhat a lovely place!!! Such a peaceful location, yet accessible for so many places. The barn was lovely and incredibly well equipped with delightful outdoor areas and gardens to enjoy and having the pool and hot tub to ourselves due to the coronavirus rota was heaven!!! The hosts really made you feel welcome and were a wealth of local information. The information stated that they were dog friendly and we certainly found that to be the case, as were many of the local places we visited. It is obvious a great deal of care and thought have gone into making the barns and house at High Park the perfect holiday accommodation and it has definitively gone on to our list of places to go back to!! Thank you for a lovely break!2021-07-10By Debbi M.
- Mr HGreat stay lots of nice places to see within 15-20 miles. Comfortable and pleasant accommodation with pool. Will stay again in the near future.2021-06-17By Rachel H.
- The Coach HouseExcellent accommodations , modern clean and tidy. Super on suit and the bed was large and comfortable. Very relaxing and quiet location with the added bonus of a great pool and jacuzzi. Very enjoyable thank you .2021-05-31By Stephen E.
- Stay at Coach HouseThe Coach House provides outstanding accommodation for 2 persons. Very roomy and airy with high ceilings and views over both the gardens and the countryside. It features a huge double bed, well equipped kitchen (Important during lockdown) and was comfortably warm during our stay early in the year. It also has aircon but we didn't have reason to use it. For anyone interested in the use of high tech control systems in the home, it is amazing and worth discussing with owner Paul. It is centrally located for both beaches and hiking. A great stay and we will return. Peter & Anne Mitchell2021-05-11By Peter M.
- A wonderful stayHigh Park Barns offers a wonderful place to stay when visiting North Devon. The apartment was excellent and provided the perfect location and atmosphere for an enjoyable stay. The facilities and surroundings are picturesque and Anna-Louise is a wonderful host. Such a wonderful week was had!2021-04-20By Brett W.
- Wonderful quite retreatWe stayed at the Coach House while on business, it was a beautiful, quite a well positioned property with access to plenty of local amenities. A real home from home and would happily recommend it.2021-04-06By Claire L.
- The Coach HouseWe had an excellent time at the Coach House. Amazing to have tea and coffee, fresh milk from the farm, scones and clotted cream upon our arrival. The Coach House was clean, warm, and cozy. The area is beautiful and serene, and we enjoyed the pool and hot tub every day of our stay. The local amenities are very close by and access to beach walks are only 8 minutes away. I can not speak highly enough about our extended weekend away. Cannot wait to return to High Park.2021-02-22By Kayla A.
- A beautiful place to stay.We stayed in December. We were welcomed and shown around the accommodation and facilities and were blown away by what was on offer, what was included and the quality and presentation of the whole site. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, made the most of the luxurious pool and hot tub. The smart tech in the barn was very welcome and simple to use. The level and quality of equipment was brilliant. Our bed was HUGE and cloud like to sleep in. There is a distinct feel of quality and welcome there. We will both be returning and we’ve made every one we know aware of the place. There were thoughtful touches everywhere, including a cream tea to settle us in and fresh milk from the dairy herd next door. Delicious ! A dishwasher meant we didn’t really have to work at cleaning up after ourselves. And the washing machine in our barn and heated barn outside saw to laundry in no time. Our hosts were very friendly, and we warmed to Anne-Louise immediately, that alone means we will be back next year for another break away. Can’t recommend highly enough. Book and enjoy with confidence.2020-12-23By John F.
- Such a perfect placeHad a wonderful stay here with my boyfriend this December. We stayed in the coach house and everything about it was perfect, the location, the kitchen, the bedroom, the bathroom, there is nothing I would change (except to stay longer)! When we arrived there was complimentary fresh milk from the cow and fresh scones with clotted cream and jam. The handbook had all information in, including the contact details for a lovely taxi driver who we used for the duration of our stay. The pool and hot tub were both great. 100% would stay here again in a heartbeat.2020-12-08By Ellie C.
- Coach houseExcellent facilities, very welcoming and will definitely be Looking to come back in the future!2020-10-22By Callum S.
- Wonderful stayHad a really nice time coach house was lovely clean and cosy most things you need are provided with a nice cream tea which is enjoyable . Felt very safe and having the pool was a bonus and you have your own special slots which are great at this time but would be good at anytime so you know when you can useool and no one else is there also the hot tub do was a great few days.2020-09-27By Jenny N.
- Great place in the countrysideExcellent location and setting. Very dog friendly! The hosts are very welcoming and happy to help with any queries. The barns are equipped with all essentials for a comfortable stay. Pool facilities are clean and convenient to use.2020-09-16By Anna B.
- Feels like coming homeThis is our 3rd stay at High Park Barns and it never disappoints. Centrally located for the brilliant beaches and also the shops. Anne-Louise always makes you feel very welcome on arrival and during your stay. The barns are are set in beautiful grounds with the swimming pool & hot tub being a bonus, booked & going back in September for another break.2020-07-19By MARK H.
- Bill and Ria CowleWhat a easy and friendly on line booking service, on arrival we were met by the owner. The welcome was amazing and made us feel at home straight away. The coach house was cosy and extremely wekl equipped, the kitchen had everything and of high quality, I have one snalk issue to mention the quality and service of tge WiFi was a bit disappointing match to the quality of the establishment Thank you for a wonderful 3days accommodation while we were house hunting in Cornwall Bill2020-06-23By Bill S.
- Excellent location and facilitiesLoved our week long stay. Will be returning.2020-03-28By Joe S.
- Wonderful venueFourth visit to High Park Barns. As enjoyable as previous visits. We will be back again2020-03-23By Paul D.
- AlanvalerieWe had a relaxing wonderful 2 days in the coach house at high park barns, Littleham. If your looking to escape the hustle bustle of working life this is a must stop place to stay. All mod cons supplied lovely clean rooms, your not overlooked. Lovely grounds to stroll through. Heated indoor Swimming pool and hot tub to relax in. Westward Ho, Bideford and many more places on your doorstep.2020-03-09By Alan S.
- Fantastic All RoundJust returned from a 3 night stay at The Coach House. All we can say is if you are looking for a bit of luxury in Devon then this is the place for you. A very warm welcome from Anne Louise so straight away we felt comfortable and knew where everything we needed or wanted was located. Beautiful cottage with some great touches (i.e. the scones with clotted cream and jam, the fresh milk from the dairy next door, the Krupps coffee machine, dishwasher etc). Very conveniently located near the coast or near to the Atlantic shopping outlet and supermarkets etc. We (and the dog) had a great time. Thank you. We will definitely be back.2020-01-29By Marek K.
- Wonderful Break!We spent six nights at The Coach House in mid January and had a wonderful time. It is conveniently situated very close to Bideford and the coast of North Devon which we visited on a number of occasions. The accommodation is extremely appealing with vaulted beamed ceilings and stone floors with lovely underfloor heating. All the essentials were provided to make our stay most enjoyable. Would highly recommend.2020-01-22By Jacqueline M.
- PerfectWe had such an amazing stay. Really lovely, cosy place. Facilities were great and had everything we needed. Hosts were excellent and all instructions were super easy to follow. Pool facilities were larger than we expected. Was amazing to unwind before dinner with a few lengths followed by relaxing in jacuzzi. Will definitely be staying again when we have a weekend free in spring/summer. Wish we could’ve stayed longer! Many thanks 😉2020-01-13By James H.
- Mr & Mrs HuddWe both was made very welcome from the host and greeted with a cream tea and fresh farm milk upon arrival. Showed around all the facilities and how to use the pool and hot tub.Very friendly clean with great country views.Close to all the attractions Atlantic village shops.Also Bideford and westward ho! Beach. Would definitely stay here again and recommend High Park Barns to anyone.2019-12-29By Ian H.
- Fantastic StayWe’ve had a fantastic stay. We wouldn’t change a thing!2019-11-01By Stephanie E.
- Very Dog FriendlyVery nice accommodation, has everything one could want and very friendly hosts. Our dog Angel was in her element wit the freedom she was allowed. We will definitely be returning next year but this time for longer.2019-10-26By andrew b.
- Perfect location to explore Devon & CornwallWe had fabulous time at the Coach house. Very Clean, very accommodating with the dogs and perfectly placed for exploring the Devon & Cornwall. What more can you ask for and scones, jam n cream on arrival. A real gem, Just off the main road yet in beautiful countryside location. Would recommend to all !2019-09-22By Julie C.
- Perfectly located high quality accommodationThe Coach House is located in an ideal rural location for exploring lovely North Devon. The accommodation is high quality, comfortable, very quiet and peaceful. The hosts are very friendly , welcoming and helpful without being at all intrusive. A lovely Devonshire Cream Tea was provided on our arrival..which didnt last too long!.The pool and hot tub are most welcome after a hard days walking / exploring. The property is also only a short drive to the local ASDA supermarket and shopping center. We would highly recommend the Coach House for anyone visiting Devon2019-09-15By Gary C.
- Great place to stay.We enjoyed our stay at the Coach House. It had everything we needed. With it all being on the ground floor was great for me. We loved the swimming pool and hot tub. Thank you for your advice on places to go in the area. That was a great help Tim & Linda2019-08-17By Linda N.
- Fabulous and TranquilHighly recommended family getaway. Home from home accommodation. Welcome scones and cream a nice touch. Well located with a convenient shopping mall / outlet 5 mins drive away for getting last minute essentials for beach or day trips/ kids. A wonderful hidden secret in Devin!2019-07-30By Sophia H.
- Pam CuthbertThe stay was peaceful - the hosts are very attentive - the accommodation was beautifully clean and tastefully furnished with lots of thoughtful extras i would recommend a stay here to everyone - very dog friendly- good for families- couples -and friends2019-06-29By Pam C.
- AndrewFantastic stay - great place to relax. Swimming pool onsite was excellent which we used every day. Location was great with some great pubs nearby along with plenty of supermarkets. Pig on the hill by far the best place to eat, closely followed by the Thatched inn. Hosts were great - very warm and welcoming. Will definitely be back!2019-06-23By Andrew S.
- High Park Barns - The Coach HouseBeautiful location in open countryside near Bideford in North Devon. The coach house is a top class barn conversion ideal for a couple with all the amenities one would expect. There is access to a swimming pool and hot tub and the site is dog friendly. We would certainly return and have already recommended it to friends. Thanks to the owners Anne-Louise and Paul for a most enjoyable, relaxing, stay2019-06-04By Steve H.
- Mr YorstonExcellent property,plenty of places to visit around Bideford.2019-05-26By Peter Y.
- Chris PearsonWe only had a short 3 night stay but would have liked to stay much longer. The accommodation(the coach house) was high spec, perfect for my wife and I, and the outlook over the Devon countryside a real bonus . A cream tea on arrival was a nice touch from Paul and Anne Louise. This is a lovely part of Devon with so much to do in the area and less busy than the south of the county. We certainly hope to revisit before too long.2019-05-20By Chris P.
- AMAZING LOCATION!A beautiful, spacious converted barn situated in the middle of a spectacular & tranquil location. Unusually, it was easily accessible from the main road with ample parking & just up the road from the wonders of the modern world such as Starbucks, two supermarkets & various other shops! The surrounding roads are very good, so it is very easy & convenient to travel around the area from this location. The owner, Paul, was lovely & nothing was too much trouble! The barn is well-equipped with mod-cons, very comfortable & clean. We were left out a delicious cream tea for our arrival, plus a bottle of delicious creamy milk from the neighbouring farm.2019-05-14By Ruth A.
- Andrea VenziThe most idyllic setting... peaceful and beautiful.... accommodation.... high spec... luxurious clean and well equipped.... hosts.... just the best... it’s a haven.2019-05-08By Andrea V.